It may be both. Love doesn’t exclude lust, just the opposite: if you don’t lust for her, chances are you don’t love her. And lust may lead to love.
•If you still feel attracted when your lust is satisfied, then it’s love. Most people confuse lust with love; the difference is that while lust is self-serving love is unlimited and unselfish..
Is it lust, or what?
So how can you tell the difference between lust and love? Here are a few tips to help you sort things out.
It’s lust if:
• You’re totally focused on her looks and body
• Even before you know her name, you’re already fantasizing about what she looks like naked and what it would be like to have sex with her.
• You don’t care about anything she has to say
• It wouldn’t make a difference to you if you never had a conversation with her. Furthermore, you don’t bother to return her calls promptly and you can easily go for days without talking to her — until you get horny again.
• You only want to be with her to have sex
• You make excuses not to spend time with her, except for sex. And if she asks you for a favor, you tell her you’re too busy. But if you have to be with her and not have sex, she gets on your nerves and you find yourself fantasizing about other women.
• She’s your booty call
• After you go out trolling for tail with your buddies on Friday night, you then call her at 1 a.m. for some drunken action. Ah, the booty call.
• You leave after sex
• After having sex with her, you look for the easiest way to leave. No cuddling, no breakfast the next morning, just “I gotta go.”
It’s love, baby
It’s love if:
• You have great chemistry
• You get lost in your conversations, and the hours pass like minutes. You’re more than willing to listen to her when she talks about her day. The chemistry between you is remarkable.
• You find her beautiful
• Even if you catch her with no makeup on and her hair pulled back while she’s unclogging a toilet, she still looks beautiful to you.
• You want to spend time with her
• All you want to do is to be with her, whether you’re having sex or not. Even if she tells you that sex will have to wait, you don’t care.
•You see a future together
•You experience the strange feeling that your life would be totally empty without her. You tell your friends and family that she may be The One, and you’re even thinking about marrying her.
•You introduce her to your family
• It becomes very important to you that your parents like her, and that she gets along with everyone close to you.
• You include her in all your plans
• Whether you’re going out with your male friends or taking your dog for a walk, you want her there with you. And if she’s not there, you can’t get her off your mind and sneak off to give her a quick “I miss you” phone call. Of course, you don’t tell your buddies.
• You are more romantic
• All of a sudden you find yourself listening to cheesy romantic songs and thinking of her. You send her flowers and love notes to work and set up romantic evenings and candlelit dinners at home.
• You always take her side
• If someone says anything even slightly disparaging about her, you immediately rise to her defense. Furthermore, in social gatherings, you always agree with her even if you disagree behind closed doors.
• She makes you want to be a better man
• She challenges and motivates you. She makes you happy, and you’d do anything to make her happy.
• When it is love, you catch yourself thinking about how much fun you have with that person and when it is lust you catch yourself thinking about their body.
Original article can be found on: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_know_if_it_is_love_or_lust